1. GENERAL INFORMATION:
school year begins in February and ends
in December. The Academic year is
divided into three terms.
1. February - March - April - May
2. June - July - August - September
3. October - November - December
Term ends and major holidays are indicated in the school Calendar. Classes begin daily with Assembly at 8.15 a.m. and end at 3:10 p.m. Regular attendance is essential. Therefore, except in cases of illness, previous permission must be obtained from the Principal for absence from classes. Boys who are not willing to follow the School discipline will be asked to leave the school. A boy who has done something harmful to others or has injured the good name of the school or is habitually irregular in his work and attendance or has failed to secure promotion for two consecutive years/classes, will be asked to leave the school. The discipline is kind but necessarily strict. Parents! guardians! students are expected to abide by the Disciplinary Committee's decisions where a particular student! group of students is concerned, whether in the school or outside the school. Boarders asked to leave the hostel on disciplinary grounds will automatically cease to be students of St. Augustine's School.
Parents and Guardians must co-operate on the following points:
1. Checking frequently on their children's attendance and behaviour and duly signing the leave notes.
2. Sending their children to school on time on all class days and to all the other activities of the school on any day.
3. Seeing that they study at home daily.
4. Seeing that they complete the lessons and exercises given for home-work. These lessons and exercises will be found written in the student's calendar.
5. Signing against the remarks in the Remarks Column.
Tuition fees must be paid for 12 MONTHS a year, irrespective of when the student is admitted to / withdrawn from the school. A fine of Rs. 2.00 will be charged per day on fees paid later than prescribed date. If fees are not paid by the end of the prescribed month, the boy will not be allowed to attend classes. The tuition fee for the months of January and February for the coming year should be paid by November of the preceding year.
(b) Please make all payments in the Account section of the School or at Axis Bank and collect a receipt for the same. Please retain all payment receipts and produce them if it is required for any clarification in due course of time.
(c) Security Deposit must be claimed against the receipt within 6 months of leaving the school.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED DURING ADMISSION:
|4.||HOSTEL DATA SHEET|
|6.||MARKS OF LATEST EXAMINATION|
|9.||FITNESS CERTIFICATE BY THE DOCTOR|
|10.||BLOOD GROUP VERIFICATION|
EXAMINATION AND PROMOTION:
Pass Marks for all students in all subjects are 40%. Promotion depends on the students performance throughout the year and NOT merely on marks scored in any particular examination. If a student is absent from unit test or term exams, he will not appear for it at a later day. There is no system of re-examination or re-consideration of a student who has not been promoted. Do not pressurize either through influential people or through social I political organizations. This is not becoming of Parents Guardians of the students of St. Augustine's School.
(a) SCHOOL UNIFORM:
Navy blue pants and snow white shirt is the colours of the School Uniform. The dress should be stitched with proper fitness without any fashionable touch to it. The pants should rest clearly on the waist and the shoe lace of the boy must cover by the bottom of the pants. The shirt should be tucked in.
(b) SCHOOL TEXT BOOKS AND STATIONERY:
Each child is provided with the book list and the books can be purchased from any shop of their choice.
1. ENGLISH will be spoken AT ALL TIMES in the school premises.
2. All should be punctual for class. No one who has been absent or late may be admitted to class without the signature of the Principal / Vice-Principal / Class Teacher on the Regularity Record.
3. Wearing of school uniform for classes, P.T. uniform for P.T., S.U.P.W. and games is compulsory for all the classes. Wearing of colorful jackets, sweaters and fancy accessories, rings, belts etc. is prohibited. Goods confiscated by the school authorities will not be returned.
4. The school is not responsible for goods lost. Students are not allowed to bring cellular phones and valuable articles to School. All our students are expected to be honest and truthful at all times.
5. For any reason if money is brought to school it must be given to the proper person or should keep it with the Principal/Class Teacher.
6. Day scholars/boarders who cannot return promptly after the holidays should inform the Principal in writing before the classes resumes, else they will have their names struck off the rolls or a heavy fine will be imposed.